VMware Horizon Community
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is this product for us?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand if this new product could be useful for us. I understand it has the potential to replace Windows roaming profiles. We are a windows shop and using in the office physical desktops and laptops. For most users we have windows roaming profiles configured. We are using View linked desktops with personas for remote workers. Quite often people leave the laptop in the office and use View desktops to connect from home.

We like personas because there is a feature to sync the profile frequency. I understand this feature is not offered in the UEM product.

How could UEM help in our case? Replacing windows roaming profiles and personas for a better experience? Is personas a dead end road? Meaning it won't be developed any further.

Thanks,

Edy

2 Replies
sachindsharma
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Edy, yes this product (UEM) can help you with profile and policy management. It has more features and can scale more than persona management. Windows roaming profiles can be replaced using UEM. One of the advantages is logon optimization. You don't have to wait for the profile to download when roaming. Instead, app settings for example are only applied when the user opens up the app.

fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see - this is indeed a helpful feature.

0 Kudos