VMware Horizon Community
simpss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon Client Property conditions for triggered task at reconnect

Another strange one I have ran into... hoping someone can assist.

I have an executable that runs at logon when the "Horizon Client Property is = External".

When the client reconnects to the disconnected session and the "Horizon Client Property = Internal" I have a triggered task to run and kill the executable (I set a message to see which triggered task actually runs) 

Everything looks good in the log file, but the wrong triggered task is running. 

I would think this means that the "Horizon Client Property" isn't being picked up at reconnect. I have also tried Endpoint Name and IP Address Range. Nothing seems to work besides username.

Anyone see this before?

- Running DEM 2009

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simpss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@DEMdev I think I just got this working using the new ViewClient Property References in an argument and based on the argument running a specific powershell script. 
Seems to be working well. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
simpss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

A few Examples of what I'm seeing when reconnecting

Triggered Tasks:

simpss_1-1616855395483.png

simpss_2-1616855422494.png

What I am seeing at Reconnect:

simpss_0-1616855298028.png

@DEMdev Any chance you have some input with this? Would love to know why I can't get this to work. Banging my head against the keyboard on this one.  

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @simpss,

Pardon the late response; I was out for a few days.

VMware Dynamic Environment Manager evaluates conditions on triggered task settings when it processes the settings themselves, not when it performs the resulting actions after the triggers occur. So, in your case, only one of "Welcome Back Ext" and "Welcome Back INT" will be registered at logon (depending on whether you're coming from an external or internal connect), and that triggered task will then run at reconnect (regardless of the client location.)

This is a recurring source of confusion (hence the note in the docs.) We have considered adding a "second level" of conditions (evaluated when the triggered task is "launched"), but have not found a way to do that that would not add to the confusion...

It's possible to achieve the behavior you're looking for, but it's kind of convoluted. I created a write-up for a similar case in the past; attached as PDF.

0 Kudos
simpss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@DEMdev I think I just got this working using the new ViewClient Property References in an argument and based on the argument running a specific powershell script. 
Seems to be working well. 

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @simpss,

Sure, that would also do the trick!

0 Kudos
simpss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to me! Much Appreciated.

0 Kudos