VMware Horizon Community
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.5 and UEM 9.4 Clipboard and Smart Policy not working

As the title points out, I have deployed Horizon 7.5 and UEM 9.4

I'm using a GPO to start UEM and within UEM I have smart policies defined to enable clipboard in both directions and it isn't working.

I have tested other settings in the same smart policy such as disabling printer redirection and that works, disabling USB redirection and that works as well but the clipboard doesn't, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Horizon 7.5 Agent and UEM 9.4 and that didn't help either.

The other thing I noticed is that the HTML File Transfer doesn't work either, I've tested with PCoIP and Blast.

I also tried enabling the clipboard within GPO and that didn't make a difference.

Any one else run into the same issue, anything I am missing, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Figured it out, on Windows Server 2012 R2 (maybe others) the upgrade misses a couple files such as VMwareViewClipboard.exe, did a repair and everything looks fine now.

Fun stuff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Further testing it looks like it's Horizon 7.5 and Windows Server 2012 R2, I've updated a Windows Server 2008 R2 farm and it worked fine.

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Figured it out, on Windows Server 2012 R2 (maybe others) the upgrade misses a couple files such as VMwareViewClipboard.exe, did a repair and everything looks fine now.

Fun stuff

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Great!!

How was Horizon 7.5 and UEM 9.4? any comments?

0 Kudos
LJMCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm seeing this issue as well.  I have opened an SR with VMware, but no help yet.

A fresh installed of 7.5.0/7.5.1 Agent does not have the missing Clipboard service issue.  Issue occurs on both W2K12R2 and W2K16 RDS hosts.  Repairing the agent fixes the issue.

I have tried disabling AV (TrendMicro Deep Security) prior to upgrade, but no difference.  Have tried removing App Volumes agent prior to upgrade, again no difference.

0 Kudos