VMware Horizon Community
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Helpdesk Support Tool - Reset option greyed out

Trying to get the Helpdesk tool up and running but the option to reset a profile archive is greyed out. The "restore" option is available, and I can view logs. I can even select multiple profile archives and reset them. But if I highlight just one profile archive then the "reset" button is greyed out in both the bottom toolbar and the right-click menu. The "show profile archive in Windows Explorer" option is also greyed out, even though I enabled the option in the GPO.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just figured it out. In case anyone else has the same problem: in my paths for the "Helpdesk Support Tool Configuration" the "Profile Archives" path was set to simply [UserFolder] instead of "[UserFolder]\archives". Perhaps a relic from an older version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just figured it out. In case anyone else has the same problem: in my paths for the "Helpdesk Support Tool Configuration" the "Profile Archives" path was set to simply [UserFolder] instead of "[UserFolder]\archives". Perhaps a relic from an older version.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jordanht,

in my paths for the "Helpdesk Support Tool Configuration" the "Profile Archives" path was set to simply [UserFolder] instead of "[UserFolder]\archives".

Yes, that would explain the behavior you described, as the Helpdesk Support Tool would not find any profile archives corresponding with your Flex config files, so there would be nothing to reset.

Glad to hear it's working now!

0 Kudos