VMware Horizon Community
tschuegy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Group Membership - BUILTIN\Administrators

@DEMdev 

Does it support to use local groups in VMware DEM? It works for me, but i get an error in log file:

2022-12-06 09:57:12.734 [DEBUG] Conditions: Error looking up group 'BUILTIN\Administrators' -- falling back to group's SID 'S-1-5-32-544'

I have added the local administrators group like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-06 095732.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tschuegy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@DEMdev  This error occurs on a english Windows Server 2019 OS with German LanguagePack installed and swiss german keyboard layout. 

I have now the success entry in the logfile:

2022-12-12 09:36:52.736 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for user membership of group 'VORDEFINIERT\Administrators' = false

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @tschuegy,

Local groups are supported. Does this error maybe occur on a non-English setup? Built-in group names are (sometimes?) localized; for instance, BUILTIN\Administrators on a German Windows 10 install seems to be VORDEFINIERT\Administratoren.

It's interesting that this has not come up before (at least, as far as I'm aware.) I'll see what we can do about this. In the mean time, configuring such groups by browsing to them will include the group's SID for the agent to fall back to (as you already saw.)

0 Kudos
tschuegy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@DEMdev  This error occurs on a english Windows Server 2019 OS with German LanguagePack installed and swiss german keyboard layout. 

I have now the success entry in the logfile:

2022-12-12 09:36:52.736 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for user membership of group 'VORDEFINIERT\Administrators' = false

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @tschuegy ,

Thank you for confirming my hunch that this might be due to a difference in language between the Management Console where the condition was configured and the agent where it's evaluated. As mentioned, I'll see if we can come up with some language-independent approach here – I'm still surprised that this has not come up before...

0 Kudos