VMware Horizon Community
systeembeheer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox admx files not working together in UEM

Hello everyone,

We're doing some testing with VMWare UEM 9.4 in combination with Windows 10 build 1803.

Most of the settings are working, but we have some difficulties with applying settings from the ADMX templates provided on

the Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox website

I've imported the policy files in UEM and entered some settings like setting up a specific start page, disabling updates etc.

After i login and start Google Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 and Mozilla Firefox 61.0.2 (x64 versions)

my settings do not apply.

I've also used debug mode to see if there is something useful in the logfiles but it only says this:

2018-09-07 08:16:03.186 [INFO ] Collected ADMX-based settings to apply ('Google Chrome Default Settings.xml')

2018-09-07 08:16:03.265 [INFO ] Collected ADMX-based settings to apply ('Mozilla Firefox Default Settings.xml')

2018-09-07 08:16:03.342 [INFO ] Applied ADMX-based settings

Someone got this working already, or maybe i'm missing some extra configuration?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
systeembeheer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi UEMdev,

thanks for the quick response. Tested the ADMX policies and they are working when i apply the settings through group policy.

Think i've missed a setting before. I've inserted the settings like mentioned in this link https://ittutorials.net/microsoft/windows-server-2016/gpo-google-chrome

and the start page etc is applied.

In the Firefox admx settings i also entered a start page but when i first start the application it didn't apply. I manually changed the start page to something else and after closing / starting firefox my ADMX/UEM applied?? Very strange behaviour but wil see if i can fix this too.

Thanks again for pointing me in de right direction.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Goeiemorgen systeembeheer,

From that log fragment, it looks like UEM did not encounter any issues applying those ADMX-based settings. (If you would like to see more detailed logging, you can enable verbose logging for ADMX-based settings, either through Group Policy, or via NoAD.)

Whether these policy settings affect Chrome and Firefox in the way you expected is outside of UEM's control, of course. Do those applications behave differently if you apply the same policy settings through Group Policy instead of UEM?

0 Kudos
systeembeheer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi UEMdev,

thanks for the quick response. Tested the ADMX policies and they are working when i apply the settings through group policy.

Think i've missed a setting before. I've inserted the settings like mentioned in this link https://ittutorials.net/microsoft/windows-server-2016/gpo-google-chrome

and the start page etc is applied.

In the Firefox admx settings i also entered a start page but when i first start the application it didn't apply. I manually changed the start page to something else and after closing / starting firefox my ADMX/UEM applied?? Very strange behaviour but wil see if i can fix this too.

Thanks again for pointing me in de right direction.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi systeembeheer,

If you find any user policy settings that behave differently between applied via GPO vs via UEM's ADMX-based settings, please let us know!

0 Kudos