VMware Horizon Community
conanthebarbari
Contributor
Contributor

Free upgrade from Imidio Flex to VMWARE UEM?

Is the upgrade from Imidio 8.2 to VMWare uem 8.6 free?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

This depends on your support contract. If you still have an active Upgrade Protection contract you can upgrade to the latest version for free.

Kind regards, Pim.

0 Kudos
conanthebarbari
Contributor
Contributor

This is what my license file says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<licenses xmlns="http://immidio.com/licensing/1.0">

<license product="Flex Profiles" productVersion="8" edition="Advanced" creationDate="2014-01-30T00:00:00" expiryDate="2019-01-30T00:00:00">

<customerName>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</customerName>

<licenseCounts concurrentUsers="350" />

<note>No rights can be derived from the license count listed above. The number of licenses stated on the license certificate most recently issued to you by Immidio is legally binding.</note>

<code>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</code>

</license>

</licenses>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some information like company name, name, email and code i changed for privacy reasons with X. I read in my license file above that we have license for version 8 edition advanced till 2019 for 350 users. I f u use the license file on our Citrix server to upgrade the imidio flex to VMWare uem it works and upgrades the client isntallation. I also called VM ware and the say it is allowed, because we have already license for version 8 of Imidio.

0 Kudos
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It seems like you have support until 2019, that means you can upgrade to VMware UEM.

Just go to your My VMware portal, you can download the software and the license there.

0 Kudos