VMware Horizon Community
jamie20
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Folder Creation Logon Task

Hi guys,

Am trying to create a logon task in DEM, which needs to create a folder in fileserver with the username as the folder name. And it should be one time process.

Here is what I did:

Command :                  mkdir \\fileserver\share01\%username%

Profile Archive Import: After

Run Once:                   Enabled

But this didnt worked.

As I browsed , I came to know that this also can be  done by Files and Folders feature. But I dont know how to do that.

Any Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jamie20,

mkdir is not a standalone command:

pastedImage_6.png

It's built into cmd.exe, so your command line should be something like cmd.exe /c mkdir \\fileserver\share01\%username%

DEM's Files and Folders feature can't really be used for this, as it can only create those files and folders within the user's profile, as vBritinUSA already alluded to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You may get a better answer in the DEM Forum.

Dynamic Environment Manager

Files and Folders feature will create a Folder but within the AppData location as far as I know. But better to ask the question in DEM and someone will point you in right direction.

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jamie20,

mkdir is not a standalone command:

pastedImage_6.png

It's built into cmd.exe, so your command line should be something like cmd.exe /c mkdir \\fileserver\share01\%username%

DEM's Files and Folders feature can't really be used for this, as it can only create those files and folders within the user's profile, as vBritinUSA already alluded to.

jamie20
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks DEMdev,

Its working now....Keep rocking...