VMware Horizon Community
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

File Security Warning on UEM shortcuts

Hello.

When I place a shortcut on the desktop using UEM, I get the below message when i run it.

Capture.JPG

Now, here is the background on the environment.

The Desktop is part of ABC.COM

The UEM server is part of DEF.Com

The UEM-User and UEM-Config shares are on a DFS File share on ABC.COM

As I imagine, I am getting this error because it is reading the shortcut from one domain and the UEM server is on another domain.

I added the domain to the Trusted sites but no joy.

The reason for this is because I am (eventually) moving all infrastructure over to the new ABCcorp domain, but until that time, I need to provide a proof of concept.

any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for that. Funny thing. Just as I got your reply, i added the following and it worked. When I set it up the first time, I didn't realize it was a .lnk file. I had it set for .exe.

Capture2.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I've seen this too, and I have 2 work arounds I believe, but if you have a security team I'd review it with them. You can exclude file types from this check

disable open file security warning, unknown publisher.

1.     Go to Group Policy and then expand:

Local Computer Policy / User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Attachment Manager

2.     On the right pane, double click Inclusion list for low file types.

3.     Click Enable.

4.     Include the file types such as .exe;.bat;.reg;.vbs in the Options box.

5.     Click OK.

The only issue with this is its system wide, not just for trusted sites. The other part is are you using UEM for folder redirection, I couldn't do the other method, but using Microsofts GPO for folder redirection I stopped getting this error. I'm testing it again so I'm interested in the response as well, support was no help when I opened a ticket.

0 Kudos
Oneboss302
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for that. Funny thing. Just as I got your reply, i added the following and it worked. When I set it up the first time, I didn't realize it was a .lnk file. I had it set for .exe.

Capture2.JPG

0 Kudos