VMware Horizon Community
norgemauli
Contributor
Contributor

Export User Settings which are stored in Program Files via UEM

Hi Community,

It's very easy to export stuff that is stored in the local user profile or in the registry. But I have this strange application that stores it's configuration in C:\ProgramFiles\ApplicationName\config. I have been experiementing with log off and log on tasks but it fails probably because of user permissions:

[FATAL] FkexUtils::ExecuteCommand: Error 193 calling <script-path> (AsUser).

Is there any reccomended way of doing this?

B/R

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi norgemauli,

Error 193 is ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT, "%1 is not a valid Win32 application.". Are you maybe trying to run a batch file without cmd.exe /c?

But you're right: even if the script runs correctly, you will probably run into permissions issues, unless you give your users modify permissions to that C:\ProgramFiles\ApplicationName\config folder.

0 Kudos
norgemauli
Contributor
Contributor

I am actually trying to run a ps1 file. Is there anything that I need to pay attention to when doing so?

I think I give those permissions on that folder only, as the users will modify these folders anyway.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi norgemauli,

I am actually trying to run a ps1 file. Is there anything that I need to pay attention to when doing so?

UEM expects an executable here, so something like Powershell.exe -File C:\Path\To\YourScript.ps1.

0 Kudos
Wimp777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried using XCOPY to move the config files to a location UEM can track for you, and then copy them back? I use directflex import/exports for my cisco call center which stores the user configs in C:\Program Files

0 Kudos