VMware Horizon Community
AshleyF
Contributor
Contributor

Error browsing for group

Hi,

I'm using DEM Management Console 2106. When adding a new Group Membership condition to an item and clicking the Browse button, I get the following error: Error browsing for group: The network path was not found

Suggestions on how to resolve/troubleshoot this issue are most welcome. 🙂 

Ashley

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Are you still experiencing this issue?

Is DEM Console Machine is part of the same domain or is it configured on a closed network server?

If you navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters can we check if the domain name here on this key is correct and we have LDAP 389 port open?

0 Kudos
AshleyF
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kvm2130,

Thank you for replying. 

The DEM console machine is part of the same domain (we have a single domain forest). 

I checked the registry key you mentioned and there is a REG_SZ value name named Domain with our domain name as the correct value data. 

I ran "telnet <dc fqdn> 389" and it connected but did not show a response (as I believe is normal behavior). I did the same test but with only the name of our domain, same result. 

I hope you have more tests/suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!

Ashley.

0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Ashley,

Thank you, is there any application that does network monitoring or web filtering or any antivirus application on DEM management console?

0 Kudos