VMware Horizon Community
mikebijl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error a0070002 trying to start DirectFlex injection with blacklist

We use Flex since version 7.5 on our Windows 7 deployments in combination with Directflex without any issues.

Recently we started to develop our Windows 10 deployment and the UEM configuration needed some special Windows 10 tweaking for the startmenu etc. but the rest worked pretty straight forward. Until we started to have some strange issues with some users on some devices which resulted in the following error.

Error a0070002 trying to start DirectFlex injection with blacklist

This error seems not to be user related because when I logon to another device it doesn't appear but also redeploying my device with a fresh OS doesn't seem to fix the issue.

This error appears in my Flexprofiles.log file.

At this moment we use FlexEngine v9.1.0.175 on a Windows 10 build 1703.

The content of out blacklist.xml is, according to the following article (FIXED! Roam the Windows 10 Start Menu in your VDI environment. 😞

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<userEnvironmentSettings>

<setting type='blacklist' list='dllhost.exe'/>

</userEnvironmentSettings>

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikebijl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I think I smashed this little bug.

The problem occurred when using Windows 10 build 1703 in combination with Credential Guard. Because when deduction of the issue it could be related to specific machines and that machine was identical to the other one except the device guard ("test"). :smileyblush:

Now I updated to version 9.200 and the error is gone and the DirectFlex apps are working again.

To me this issue is solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
HartmutEhl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

maybe a stupid question, but all of the blacklist.xml files are encoded in utf-8?

0 Kudos
mikebijl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yep it is encoded in UTF-8. And it is what I expected because not all users are having this issue.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi mikebijl​,

Windows 10 v1703 isn't supported on UEM 9.1, but I'm pretty sure that's not why you're seeing this issue (but please do upgrade to 9.2, just for support reasons).

Does the installation folder contain both FlexHook32.dll and FlexHook64.dll (or just the first one on x86)? Is there any antivirus or other endpoint security software active that might affect access to those DLLs?

mikebijl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I think I smashed this little bug.

The problem occurred when using Windows 10 build 1703 in combination with Credential Guard. Because when deduction of the issue it could be related to specific machines and that machine was identical to the other one except the device guard ("test"). :smileyblush:

Now I updated to version 9.200 and the error is gone and the DirectFlex apps are working again.

To me this issue is solved.

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Thank you for that data point! We validated UEM 9.2 in combination with credential guard, but I never tested what the symptoms would be with an older UEM version. Good to know, thanks!

0 Kudos