VMware Horizon Community
Luca98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Endpoint Name

Hello,

the Condition Endpoint Name doesn't work for me.

I get this Error everytime, even if the Client has the Name that is set in UEM.

"2018-07-18 14:01:45.966 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for endpoint name = false (property not found)"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Luca98,

Ah, I see. The endpoint conditions are meant to check client characteristics of a remote connection. In your case, I think you can just use the Environment Variable condition and check the COMPUTERNAME environment variable.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Luca98,

Which version of UEM are you using, and what version of Horizon (assuming that you're using Horizon :-)? Can you post a log file of the UEM agent at log level DEBUG?

0 Kudos
Luca98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi UEMdev

we use UEM Version 9.1.0.175 and Horizon 4.1.0.1487

That is the only part in the log where it gets mentioned. It skips the import immediately.

2018-07-18 14:01:45.446 [DEBUG] Found flag file for '\\UEMConfig-server\UEMConfig$\SAP Tutor.INI'.

2018-07-18 14:01:45.448 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for endpoint name = false (property not found)

2018-07-18 14:01:45.448 [INFO ] Skipping import for config file '\\UEMConfig-server\UEMConfig$\SAP Tutor.INI' due to conditions.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Luca98,

Which version of the Horizon agent is installed?

0 Kudos
Luca98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The Horizon Agent is not installed, this is on a Fat Client.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Luca98,

UEM runs on the VDI or RDSH VM that you're connecting to with the Horizon client, and in order to resolve the endpoint condition it is dependent on the Horizon agent in that VM. Which version of the Horizon agent is installed there?

Can you provide a FlexEngine log file at log level DEBUG for the path-based import? That will include everything we'd like to know to help troubleshoot this.

0 Kudos
Luca98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UEM runs on a normal Fat Client in our Environment.

There is no Connection to a VDI VM.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Luca98,

Ah, I see. The endpoint conditions are meant to check client characteristics of a remote connection. In your case, I think you can just use the Environment Variable condition and check the COMPUTERNAME environment variable.

Luca98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you UEMdev!