VMware Horizon Community
Pim_van_de_Vis

Edge Chromium template

Hello,

I have created a rough Edge Chromium template for the new released Edge browser based on the Chromium engine.

Edge Chromium.ini.zip

This should capture all settings, but might need some exclusions to prevent the ZIP file growing too large.

Please leave your comments and experiences so we can improve this template over time.

Cheers

24 Replies
sejwong
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question in regards to Edge Chromium with Horizon View environment.

Currently in our VDI environment we had to turn off auto sign-in because it only allows our users to sign in as <domain>\<user> and our users can't sync.  If we turn it on users are allowed to manually add their <user>@<O365DOMAIN> but 90% of our users don't have the technical capabilities to do that, plus in a VDI environment it is a hassle to do it every time they get a new session.

Is there a way to sign in as <user>@<O365DOMAIN> ?

TonyBryant
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip! That was a very annoying issue that is now resolved. 

0 Kudos
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We have a similar issue with the User Login methods... Did you ever figure this out?  

0 Kudos
VentziP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With the release of edge for business 98.0.1108.50 and using Avantite DEM settings to roam the profile. Now all off users logged-in accounts were logged out (from Google, LastPAss etc.....) on the new VDI session. Technically users needed to login again every time to these accounts. I tried to find what is changed or redirected to a new files/location in the browser, but nothing so far. Everything was working just fine until that update. 

Does anyone experience the same behavior? 

0 Kudos
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

With the ever changing subfolders and rules...stick with an Allow-All & Exclude large folder Plan:

Like Pim_van_de_Vis's example here:

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Dynamic-Environment-Manager/Microsoft-Edge-Chromium/ta-p/2857378

0 Kudos