VMware Horizon Community
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Dynamic Environment Manager 2103 has been released

We're happy to announce that Dynamic Environment Manager 2103 (10.2) has been released, with the following new features:

• Improved default printer roaming
    Roaming a user's preferred default printer is now more robust and also supports printers redirected using VMware Integrated Printing.
  • Simplified agent configuration for computer environment settings
    Agent configuration for the computer environment settings feature no longer requires manual registry editing. Instead, it can be enabled via an MSI property at install time (similar to the NoAD approach) and configuration settings can be read from an XML file on the config share (similar to NoAD.)
    The registry-based configuration is of course also still supported.
  • SyncTool supports Scripts folder
    The SyncTool now also downloads the FlexRepository\Scripts folder.

We also fixed a few bugs. Platform support is the same as for DEM 2009 (10.1), and the corresponding KB article has been updated accordingly.

4 Replies
MIWE-Admins
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

that's a very good thing, very good job! 😊

Many Thanks!

Would you have the opportunity to announce releases and upcoming features?
That would be very good, because we could consider waiting for the new release and not optimizing the 2009 one anymore.

Many Thanks!

Michael

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Are you asking for future releases? VMware generally doesn't announce anything released in the future, so I'm not sure what you're asking. What's listed here is the new features in the 2103 release.

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Improved default printer roaming, Default Printer Common Setting shall be run alongside the Printer Setting?

After doing a few test runs I am not impressed, incorrect printer selected, although I see in the xml file the correct default printer.

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @SchwarzC,

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind starting a new thread for this, with some more details about the Horizon version, whether you're using VMware Integrated Printing, whether the preferred default printer is native or redirected, relevant bits of the log, et cetera?

Thanks!

0 Kudos