VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

DEM used with MANUAL POOLS

Hi ,

Just a quick confirmation .

Anyone got UEM/DEM to work with Manual Pools ?

Its works fine with instant Clones and App Vol's .

Thanks .

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I have it working on physical machines, it can work anywhere, what issues have you had.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Back to  basic, remove all other agent and keep only DEM, check you can reach both config file share and you are able to read files in it, then check you have read and write access in your data folder.

Check your GPO and be sure to wait for network to be up for applying gpo settings 

Eric

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I have it working on physical machines, it can work anywhere, what issues have you had.

0 Kudos
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

On a known working user ID .. my Desktop isnt coming in .. also the redirections are not happening for the windows 'folders'.. Desktop / Downloads..etc.

EVerything works Awesome on the IC 's. ( even with this Same ID ) .

Only difference here is :

this GI was created from the Win 10 Pro Enterprise ISO ( as is production ) - i just didnt run any vmware optimizer .( which i dont think should matter ) .

All 4 agents were loaded in the correct order .. we are on 10 of UEM .. 4.2 of App Vol .. Horizon 7-13.. tools 11.1.1

These machines are in the GPO's for UEM just like production .

One thing is this is a MANUAL pool ... anyone - for verification - got DEM to work on a manual pool ?

I have to run a gpresult to verify the GPO for uem is actually hitting the machine still .

The Machine 100% HAS the App Vol layers.. i just dont see my desktop files - the redirection is not working .. also apps are not being licensed..etc i.e. UEM is not saving the settings as it 100% IS on production atm .

ill have to look over the DEM / UEM install manual again.. im guessing something i missed .  I would think i would have the bare MIN atm though 😛 .. 

thanks @sjesse 

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Back to  basic, remove all other agent and keep only DEM, check you can reach both config file share and you are able to read files in it, then check you have read and write access in your data folder.

Check your GPO and be sure to wait for network to be up for applying gpo settings 

Eric

Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

<sigh> ..

Back to Basics Indeed Good Sir .. haha.

I was working w/ Manually created VM's direct from ISO .  

I had recreated it numerous times .

Last time i forgot to MOVE it to the appropriate OU in AD that actually HAS the GPO's applied 🙂 

thanks much @EricMonjoin and @sjesse .

0 Kudos