VMware Horizon Community
Pascal-R
Contributor
Contributor

DEM profile Avid Media Composer

We are testing Avid MC in VMWARE Horizon. Everything works fine, but the profile settings are not beeing exported. 
Avid stores their user settings in the following folders:

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid Users
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Avid Media Composer\Settings
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Avid

I've tried catching the profile folders with the profile manager, but unfortunately that did not work as aspected. 

So the question is, what is the best way to export these settings with DEM?

Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomH201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you use the DEM Profile Application to get the correct paths and Reg-Entries?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Pascal-R,

DEM is really meant to roam settings from a user's profile folders, but we have a "secret" <C-Drive> folder token that allows accessing file system locations outside the profile.

It's undocumented as settings outside the profile are not a best practice, but it's fully supported.

Something like the following should do the trick (based on the folders you mentioned):

[IncludeFolderTrees]
<LocalAppData>\Avid
<C-Drive>\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid Users
<C-Drive>\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Settings

Note that I used folder name Documents instead of Public Documents. That's because it's the real folder name on disk; the Public version is just how File Explorer renders it, based on localization information in the hidden Desktop.ini file.

0 Kudos
Pascal-R
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, this seems a nice solution.I will start testing with these settings..

0 Kudos
MikleF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm trying to use this one to roam some settings from the ProgramData Folder but it seems that it isn't being detected as a valid location?

Do we have to enable something else as well?

0 Kudos