VMware Horizon Community
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

DEM processing stopped for some users after upgrade from 9.8 to 2009

I noticed DEM has stopped processing anything on some users since I upgraded to DEM 2009. I updated the DEM Manager and copied over the GPO admx files, then updated the user's DEM on their VDI. The issue is when I check the Helpdesk tool logs, the last entry is timestamped around the time I upgraded - there are just no further logs.

On the affected VDI, I tried running flexengine.exe -uemrefresh, and the self support tool, but both times I just get an error saying the profile location needs to be configured. I've run GPUPDATE, checked the DEM service was running, and I verified all the GPO settings are correct (other VDI pools have DEM working normally, so I know they work).

Any idea why it can't find the profile location anymore?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @MaxStr,

Can you share an (anonymized) export of HKCU\Software\Policies\Immidio\Flex Profiles\Arguments from one of the affected machines?

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I just checked, and that key isn't even there. Under HKCU\Software\Policies there is no Immidio key

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

That means your GPOs aren't being applied

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

check gpresult /r and make sure they aren't being filtered out for some reason.

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It looks like it's applying the GPO, but maybe something else is going on. At least I have something to go on though

0 Kudos