VMware Horizon Community
PublicTransport
Contributor
Contributor

DEM policy 'Remove local profile at logoff' and search box functionality

Windows Server 2022 21H2 Standard
VMware DEM 10.7.0 (2209)
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203CU2
--> This problem also occurs when logging on directly via RDS.

If we enable the advanced DEM policy 'Remove local profile at logoff, the search box functionality is broken at next logon. Either typing in the search box or typing in the Start Menu does not work. 

After restarting the Windows Explorer in the user session, the Start Menu is rebuilt and the search box is working.

If we disable (not configure) this policy and we remove the local profile manually, the search functionality is not broken at next logon. With manually I mean by System properties, Advanced system settings, Advanced/Userprofiles.

Does anyone knows a solution or a better work around instead of restarting Windows Explorer?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @PublicTransport,

DEM's "Remove local profile at logoff" feature does not do anything else than tweak some registry settings that instruct Windows to remove the profile.

A similar case was recently opened with VMware support (also Citrix, but on Windows 10 Version 21H2), so maybe something changed in Windows that breaks this.
The customer that opened that case will engage Citrix and Microsoft to get more details on this. I'll report back on what we get to know from that. You can also open a case with VMware support if you like and send me the SR #.

0 Kudos