VMware Horizon Community
norisuke103
Contributor
Contributor

DEM for App Volumes: Outlook OST to Writable Volume

I'm really struggling to solve the problem.

I configured the following settings and writable volume on App Volumes for non persistent VDI.

When I logged in the VDI, I set up Outlook.

Then, I was able to see the OST file on the attached writable volume (C:\SnapVolumesTemp\Writable\UEM\OST\xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com.ost).

After logging off and logging on again, I was able to see the OST file on the same folder.

However, if I opened outlook, I got the initial setup screen and I had to enter the user information again.

Then, C:\SnapVolumesTemp\Writable\UEM\OST\xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com(2).ost was created.

If you have any ideas how to solve the problem, please tell me.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

User Environment > App Volumes

Created the following setting for Outlook OST to Writable Volume

pastedImage_0.png

DEM Ver.9.11.0.932

APP Volumes: 4.0.1.35

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lieven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I used to use writable volumes for OST files, search indexes, ...but stepped away from it completely. Too many problems with writeable volumes in my opinion.

Since a couple of months I am using FSLogix for this (and other) purpose and could not be happier. We did not have a single problem since we moved away from writeable volumes. FSlogix is free (for almost everybody), is easy to setup, faster the AppVolumes, ...

https://www.ituda.com/microsoft-fslogix-basic-installation-and-configuration-notes/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/fslogix/overview

0 Kudos
norisuke103
Contributor
Contributor

Lieven. Thank you very much for your suggestion and the information.

Although you mentioned that you had too many problems with writable volume,

did you have the same problem (New outlook profile setup is required when user login every time)?

I'd like to accomplish the profile management with the default basic functions first.

Then, if it doesn't work with bug or performance, I'd like to move to another solution(FSLogix, etc.).

However, thank you very much for your kind help.

0 Kudos
Lieven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

HI,

I did not have the same problems that a new outlook profile setup was required when a user logs in every time. I am redirecting this part of of te profile to redrected folders (outside of App Volumes)

Regards,

Lieven

0 Kudos
kaciesdad
Contributor
Contributor

did you not have issues using FSLogix with win10? i have tried many different version of Win10 for fslogix and win10 just won't run with it. the start menu doesn't then I'll get random errors. 

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos