VMware Horizon Community
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

DEM and Path Too Long

Hello everybody,
I have a problem on DEM in exporting the customizations of an application. The export gives me a path too long error.
I tried to enable the following microsoft workaround:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=registry

but the problem persists.

I tried to use xcopy to move the folder with the customizations on the DEM share of the profiles and so I have no problems (Using File Manager as from this link the problem remains because the File Manager app does not support the path extension).

At this point I ask myself:
- Has the problem I am experiencing happened to anyone?
-DEM which commands do you use to copy the data from the VDI to the SHARE of the profiles?
The error I get in the user profile logs (once DEBUG is activated) is:

ExportFiles: Skipping export of subfolder 'ExpertResponse' of '<LocalAppData>\Sabre Red Workspace\Profiles\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine\profileRegistry\FR3F_8912.profile\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\448\1\.cp\web\modules\sabre-ngv-airAvailability\meta\cjs\response\components' -- path too long

Fabio 

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao

I received feedback from a VMware engineer who follows DEM, the application does not support long paths.

For now, some implementation hacks like symlinks or scripts that copy things to/from "short" paths before export and after import would be required to work around this limitation.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao

I received feedback from a VMware engineer who follows DEM, the application does not support long paths.

For now, some implementation hacks like symlinks or scripts that copy things to/from "short" paths before export and after import would be required to work around this limitation.

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos