VMware Horizon Community
mathewdsa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

DEM Upgrade installer

Hi. I have to upgrade from UEM 9.3 on a Windows 2012 server to a Windows 2019 machine using DEM 10.x

Is the folder structure out of the box (not anything you may have customized) the same like what is in the standard install guides?

Also, is the new version of the agent backwards compatible with older versions of UEM?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mathewdsa,

We pay a lot of attention to maintaining backwards compatibility, so you're good to go for upgrading from 9.3 to 10.x. Folder structures (both on the agent side and the config share) have remained the same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
system32AUT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello, I don't know exactly what you mean when you mention Server 2012 and UEM in connection with a server update and DEM 10x as these things are completely independent from my understanding.

DEM (UEM, Flex...) can be operated independently of a server, i.e. from a config and user share. Can you ask your question in a different and more specific way?

Cheers,
Dominik

0 Kudos
TheSica
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The folder structure is exactly the same, residing in the c:\program files\Immidio folder.  As for compatability, you should refer to https://via.vmw.com/DEM-OS-Support the vmware interoperability matrix to ensure that the DEM agent version works well with everything else, Horizon Agent, App Vol Agent etc..

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mathewdsa,

We pay a lot of attention to maintaining backwards compatibility, so you're good to go for upgrading from 9.3 to 10.x. Folder structures (both on the agent side and the config share) have remained the same.

0 Kudos