Contributor

DEM Triggered Tasks - All AppStack attached

Hallo everyone,

first of all our environment:

- Windows 10 Build 1909 via non-persistent linked Clones

- VMware Horizon View 7.12

- AppVolumes 2.18.2

- DEM 9.11

We are currently facing an issue with printer mappings via DEM while attaching AppStacks and I found this post: Appvolumes causes problems with UEM - VMware Technology Network VMTN

Unbenannt.PNGI was able to "Disable DEM Printer Mappings during logon" via GPO on our Test-Desktop-Pool and created a triggered task for printer mappings when "All AppStack attached".

Unfortunately this task never triggers.

The message of the triggered task only appears when I reconnect and have another triggered task (Printer Mappings when Reconnect Session) enabled.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Milovet

EDIT:

Meanwhile I figured out that attaching specific AppStacks the newly created task "Printer Mapping when AppStacks are attached" does not get triggered when AppStacks are attached.

As soon as I reconnect my Session, which triggers also the task, the message is showing up and the printers were mapping correctly.

In the following screenshot at 13:40:07.337 the login was completed and DEM did not trigger the task to map the printers.

So I decided to wait, but nothing happened.

At 13:55:57.837 I reconnected my session and the printer were mapping and the message showed up.

Unbenannt.png

In the following screenshot I attached an AppStack which works just fine with the triggered task.

Unbenannt1.png

Kind regards,

Milovet

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Milovet,

DEM's All AppStacks attached trigger is based on a particular message in the Application Windows event log:

DEMdev_0-1608552344931.png

Do you see such an event with a timestamp matching a session where the DEM triggered task did not run?

0 Kudos
HiggsBoson1
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem.
I can see the message in the Application Windows event log "All volumes finished processing", but the printer is still missing.

If i run the DEM Printer Refresh, the printer is added fine.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@HiggsBoson1,

What did you configure in DEM for this? How did you configure the triggered task for the App Volumes trigger? Did you configure the advanced policy setting to disable printer mappings during logon? Can you maybe share (here or via DM) a DEM agent log file (at log level DEBUG) covering at least a path-based import in which you encounter this problem?

0 Kudos