VMware Horizon Community
KyleQu
Contributor
Contributor

DEM Standard vs Enterprise

With the Horizon 8 announcement, tucked in there was DEM being split into two editions, Standard and Enterprise.

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/horizon/vmware-horizon-pe...

That just says that Enterprise has Smart Policies while Standard has "user profile and personalization". Anyone found a comprehensive feature comparison matrix that is updated yet? Is the only different between the two editions Smart Policies?

4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I haven't seen anything, and I don't really know, but I'm assuming the environment tab that's currently available in DEM won't be available in Standard. Anything above persisting user profiles I am assuming will not be available in standard, but again this is just speculation on my part.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi KyleQu​,

I'll provide the full details when I announce the new release next week. I'm not sure what I can mention before then, so I'll just say that the Standard Edition will contain a bit more functionality than what sjesse was speculating about Smiley Happy

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

That's fantastic then, again I was thinking of what would be a direct replacement for persona management, anything more should make horizon better in my book.

chriskoch99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update on this?

EDIT: Never mind, I see DEMDev's post on this now.

0 Kudos