VMware Horizon Community
smartin05
Contributor
Contributor

DEM Settings Not Saving for Some Users

I am running into an issue where a handful of user profiles are not being updated when they log off of the Instant Clone session which is causing them to reconfigure their settings each time they log in.  All users are getting the same policies and write to the same shared folder.  At this point, I have deleted their current User DEM Profile folder as well as their writable disk to basically present this as a new user logging in for the first time.

The new User folder gets created along with the three subfolders Archive/Backups/Logs.  Within the Archive folder, it only creates the Applications folder and one zip file for one application.  I am having a difficult time understanding how it can write this one zip file, but nothing else.

Within the Archive folder, it is not creating the FlexRepository folder or any of the other folders like Windows Settings & Desktop_Icon_Capture.zip.

I have also removed all agents and reinstalled them on the Gold Image just to make sure.

Has anyone experienced this before in their environment?  

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @smartin05,

Do you have a FlexEngine log (at log level DEBUG) that covers the logon and logoff for one of these users that you can share?

0 Kudos