VMware Horizon Community
JackBack42
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DEM Retaining Zoom and Citrix preferences in Chrome

Hey everyone,  We are trying to move to either Chrome or Edge as our default browser (finally) and we are running into an issue with zoom and citrix (citrix is the main issue)

We use non persistent instant clone pools and so when a user logs in and opens up chrome they open up to a citrix storefront login, for the first time every day they are having to click on "detect receiver" which prompts a message at the top "would you like to allow .ica files to be opened with this app?" with a checkbox to remember the setting, from then on in that session we are able to go to the storefront and not have the "detect receiver" pop up anymore, but upon logging out and logging back in the setting is lost and I will have to click on "detect receiver" again. ( I know this sounds very trivial but we work in a hospital setting and any extra clicks for the doctors is complained about pretty heavily) 

I have reached out to the support vendor for the citrix storefront and they claim that it should be retained via "cookies" but we already have cookies being profiled. 

I have worked with DEM support and they suggest I reach out to google which has been less than stellar experience so far, so I figured I would reach out to here and see if anyone had any ideas 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobinHarmsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perhaps you can get lucky by trying to use the profiler to what get's written where.

0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Pretty sure you are describing the protocol handler dialog within the browser.    There is a store setting for that store to not check if receiver is installed also called "protocol handler"  iirc.

because you also mentioned zoom, this should be also caused by the browser protocol handler in the browser and the following chrome/edge policy should bypass the user prompt, but you might want to make sure that .ica also is set to the citrix connection manager.  the zoom protocol is zoommtg://*

BenTrojahn_1-1672168128912.png

0 Kudos