VMware Horizon Community
DanHimick
Contributor
Contributor

DEM Printer Mapping Behavior

I’ve been playing around with our DEM deployment to do printer mapping but I seem to have an issue that I’m not having much luck finding information on so maybe it is something you have seen.  So far DEM is mapping printers as you would expect but we have some that are not showing up initially.  We are seeing printers show up in device manager under Print Queues and under Printers.  All of these mapped printers are managed on a print server and mapped by DEM with a remote path such as \\[print_server_name]\pr#.  Printers on the same print server might show up under either designation in device manager and we have not been able to find why there is a difference.  The ones appearing under Print Queues show up in the Printers and Scanners list as soon as I have logged in and check the list of printers.  A printer that shows up under Printers however does not show up initially but after about 10 or 15 minutes the printer eventually comes up in the list.  Any ideas where to look?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Even though it takes 15 minutes to show up on actual printer list, it may be already showing up on any application print dialogue box. Could you please confirm this? [ Open Notepad and click print and do you see the printer here? ]

0 Kudos