VMware Horizon Community
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

DEM Operator

Hi

Is it possible to pass multiple values to an operator?

eg. name contains wrk1,wrk2

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

For what purpose, and why wouldn't condition sets work?You can use condition sets for almost everything and do name=this and name=that

0 Kudos
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have a a lot of names to enter. Unfortunately I can't copy and paste so I was looking for a shortcut. I also don't want to use wildcard for security reasons. 

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Are these coming from AD, can you use powershell or something to create custom security groups, and then use those in the DEM config?

0 Kudos
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Well I said name as an example but not I am actually doing. 

I have a policy set to disable printing if a user is external and user is not a member of a security group. Our vendors are external users but we do have an IPSec tunnel. Their traffic is configured to go through a few Unified Access Gateways. The APs' GatewayLocation is set to Internal so we can treat them as internal users. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a bug with the Unified access gateway version but it is setting the location as external regardless of what option is set. VMware support is testing to find out why that is. In the meantime I still need to get my VPN users printing. My solution is to create a condition set with all the UAGs and add it to the printing policy as a third condition. That is taking a long time to enter all the IPs one at a time.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @cbaptiste,

Maybe you can use Matches regex?

Alternatively, can you give a real example (with fake IP addresses)? Maybe it's something that could easily be scripted.

0 Kudos
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I thought about using match regex but I have never had any luck using it for exact match on IP addresses. 

Let's say I have 

10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.20  & 10.1.0.1 - 10.1.0.20 How would you do that so it is an exact match?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If the are consecutive ranges won't the below work

sjesse_0-1618931745576.png

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

and just place or with AND

0 Kudos