VMware Horizon Community
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

DEM Endpoint Domain

Hey Guys,

Just trying to bounce some ideas here. How would you go by retrieving the Endpoint Domain to utilize it as a condition. I tried using the environment variables set by the Horizon View Client but so far it's returning false. 

Condition is a "Registry Value" where HKCU\Volatile Environment\1\ViewClient_Machine_FQDN" is equal to "domain FQDN" but looking at the DEM logs it is returning false. Maybe it's a timing issue. 

2020-11-23 21:51:56.995 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for value 'ViewClient_Machine_FQDN' of key 'HKCU\Volatile Environment\1' = false (value does not exist)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @cbaptiste,

Horizon agent sets those ViewClient_ env vars (and corresponding registry values) a few seconds after the shell has started, which is too late for DEM's path-based import.

The Horizon Client Property condition should do the trick, though:

DEMdev_0-1606209671940.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @cbaptiste,

Horizon agent sets those ViewClient_ env vars (and corresponding registry values) a few seconds after the shell has started, which is too late for DEM's path-based import.

The Horizon Client Property condition should do the trick, though:

DEMdev_0-1606209671940.png

cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

That did the trick. I was wondering why DEM can determine the Broker_GatewayLocation on time but now I understand it better. Thanks mate. 

0 Kudos