VMware Horizon Community
skocatt
Contributor
Contributor

DEM Computer Environment enablement in more managed environments

Hello VMware DEM Team,

I would like to ask you how we could enable/perform installation with Computer Environment for more than one managed DEM environments which we have set up?

For instance, we have set up 3 environments which we can switch between them in DEM console (as you can see on the screenshot below), but I haven't found the way how to make that Computer Environment enabled for both PROD and TEST (does not need to be for DEV) as during installation of FlexEngine you can specify only one path in command for General folder in param COMPENVCONFIGFILEPATH, (e.g. msiexec.exe /i "VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Enterprise 2209 10.7 x64.msi" /qn? /l* InstallDEM.log COMPENVCONFIGFILEPATH=\\xxxxxxxxx\TEST\General 

skocatt_1-1674227595497.png

GPO is not the solution here as to split those as these settings have to be configured within the image as GPO applies too late for those values to be picked up by DEM.

Thanks for any advice!

Ales

0 Kudos
4 Replies
skocatt
Contributor
Contributor

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

GPO is my solution 😉  Alternatively and probably simpler you probably could use a post-synch script to set the reg value and restart the DEM service.  or restart the DEM service a myriad of other ways. 

YMMV.

0 Kudos
system32AUT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

use the ADMX file included in the download file and configure gpo over the "VMware DEM/Management Console" setting "Environments":

system32AUT_0-1674733698642.png

system32AUT_1-1674733833265.png

cheers
Dominik

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @skocatt,

The environments in the Management Console are a way to manage DEM configuration files for multiple tenants, for instance, or for DTAP scenarios you like you mentioned.

A DEM agent can only use a single DEM config share, so would be pointed to either PROD or TEST, in your example.

0 Kudos