VMware Horizon Community
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DEM 9.9 -> 9.11 upgrade question

I will be performing an upgrade of my DEM environment from 9.9 to 9.11 next week, and I have a dumb question. hoping someone can help.

I know I have to upgrade the Flex Engine on the master image first, followed by the DEM Console and the ADMX Templates.

Reading the upgrade documentation, it says to remove the previous ADMX templates from the Windows DC's, and copy the new ones in their place.

Will removing and copying the new ADMX files remove any of the settings in the existing GPO's or policies?

I have GPO's set up in AD for my users and I don't want to have to rebuild them all if copying the new ADMX files will wipe them out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MIWE-Admins
Contributor
Contributor

In general, no settings are changed when the ADMX templates are exchanged.

These are two completely different sets of data. In the worst case, there is no longer a setting in the ADMX templates that you have made.
This is then still available but can no longer be edited.
As far as I know, only settings have been added to the DEM ADMX templates so far.
So nothing can happen. You can also re-import the old templates at any time if something would be strange.

No worries

0 Kudos
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will give it a try.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @GTO455,

Just to confirm, @MIWE-Admins's answer is spot-on: upgrading ADMX templates won't affect previously created GPOs.

0 Kudos