VMware Horizon Community
TechCheez
Contributor
Contributor

DEM 9.11 LocalAppData "Folder Not Found" Issue

We're running Horizon 7.12 with Instant Clones, DEM 9.11, and AppVolumes 4. I have an issue with a specific application where the users are reporting that specific settings aren't being retained. I have already confirmed that the settings are being saved in a file located in the following path:

c:\users\username\AppData\Local\AppName\randomfolder\config.file

I setup the config file to capture anything under c:\users\username\AppData\Local\AppName\ with the following:

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<LocalAppData>\AppName

Nothing was appearing to be backed up in the user's archive file and I see the following in the flexengine log:

2020-08-11 18:09:21.693 [DEBUG] ExportFiles: Recursively processing folder '<LocalAppData>\AppName'

2020-08-11 18:09:21.694 [DEBUG] ExportFiles: Folder '<LocalAppData>\AppName' does not exist

The folders and files clearly exist, any idea why it would be showing this error?

8 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try asking the question here you may get a quicker answer.

Dynamic Environment Manager

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I moved it for them, thanks I missed it wasn't in the optimal localtion.

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi TechCheez,

OK, that's weird. What happens if you put a File or Folder condition on that config file, with the exact same path as you reference in the config file but with the < and > replaced with %'s?

pastedImage_2.png

Are you using a writable volume? Does the problem also occur without App Volumes?

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

no worries, happy to help

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
TechCheez
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for moving it!

0 Kudos
TechCheez
Contributor
Contributor

That's strange, when I add the File or Folder condition it seems to work now... We aren't using writable volumes, and I haven't gotten a chance to look for another instance where it may happen without an App Volume application.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi TechCheez,

That's strange, when I add the File or Folder condition it seems to work now...

If that condition matches, the config file should also work without it.

Could it be the case that something else (occasionally) removes those settings before DEM gets a chance to export them, maybe?

0 Kudos