VMware Horizon Community
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Computer Environment Settings Configuration

I have a few questions and hopefully I can get an answer 

MaximumLogFileSize - When creating the DWORD, do I simply select HEX and type in 512 (0x00000512) for a 512 KB log file? 

MaxConfigFilePathWait - Does the wait time bear any impact on instant clone readiness if the file path is unreachable?

ContinueRefreshAfterLogon - Any particular reasons as to why engineering chose  to disable this setting by default?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @cbaptiste,

MaximumLogFileSize specifies the maximum size in kilobytes. If you want that to be 512 kB, you can enter that as decimal 512 or hex 200.

MaxConfigFilePathWait only controls how long the DEM service will try to access the path before giving up and skipping the processing of computer environment settings. That happens asynchronously, so does not affect any other components that run as part of startup.

ContinueRefreshAfterLogon was added in DEM 9.11, and we did not want to change the default behavior of DEM 9.10.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @cbaptiste,

MaximumLogFileSize specifies the maximum size in kilobytes. If you want that to be 512 kB, you can enter that as decimal 512 or hex 200.

MaxConfigFilePathWait only controls how long the DEM service will try to access the path before giving up and skipping the processing of computer environment settings. That happens asynchronously, so does not affect any other components that run as part of startup.

ContinueRefreshAfterLogon was added in DEM 9.11, and we did not want to change the default behavior of DEM 9.10.

0 Kudos