VMware Horizon Community
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Cisco Jabber

Odd issue, I installed and ran the non vdi Jabber client on my App Profiler and captured the know HKCU, %AppData% & %LocalAppData% and the trigger for DirectFlex is the Ciscojabber.exe. Copied the files to the Configuration share & I have the logging set to debug.

I login as a user and I see in the log that it trys to load and ciscojabber.zip from the user profile but there is not created yet as this is the first time loading the app. So, I make changes within the App and then close the up and sign off of Jabber. No Cisco Jabber instance running and no configuration saved. Not a single thing in the logs about trying or errors about saving the configuration. I rebooted, nothing. Tried other Apps and they work fine.

Any thought on going forward?

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @vBritinUSA,

When you log off, does that missed DirectFlex export still get picked up by our fallback logic during path-based export? Not saying that that's the solution; just trying to figure out what might be going on here.

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @DEMdev, Sorry for slow reply, notification went to my junk

So not sure how to answer that as I am not sure what the fallback logic is?

What can I get for you that will provide that information?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @vBritinUSA,

The fallback logic is very straightforward: if we notice during a path-based export that there are still "pending" DirectFlex Exports (i.e. situations where a DirectFlex import was performed without the matching export), we perform those exports as a fallback.

If that's the case, you should see "Running pending DirectFlex exports" and "Done with pending DirectFlex exports" DEBUG messages being logged during path-based export.

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @DEMdev, When I login and open Jabber make some changes and then close Jabber App and I make sure to logout from the icon on the bar too. Attached is the log.

I opened Notepad and Jabber to make sure that its not a config issue and Notepad seems fine and creates the .zip and saves it.

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

He @DEMdev 

Just wondering if the log gave you any thoughts?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @vBritinUSA,

Pardon the late response; I was out for a few days.

Your log file unfortunately did not contain the path-based export at logoff, so we can't see whether the "DirectFlex export fallback" kicks in.

0 Kudos