VMware Horizon Community
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Capture Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone using Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App. It is a new product by Cisco that combines Productivity tools and Meeting Center. We are using Writable Volume Profile only however it does not capture users login and every-time user logs in to their VDI the app starts automatically and asks users to sign in. The Username field is saved but not the password.

Any help would be appreciated

4 Replies
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried to persist the c:\users\username\appdata\localLow\webex folder?

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are using Writable profile only that captures all AppData directory so that is persisted

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I spent countless hours trying to get this to work about a year ago.  I tried everything imaginable, and eventually gave up.  It seems to hash the users credentials in a unique way that can not be roamed between different computers.  I'd love to hear if anyone has figured it out.  At this moment, requiring use of the Webex Meetings Plugin either requires the user to login every time or requires dedicated desktops.  This is especially difficult for people who rely on the outlook plugin.

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I agree, we did a lot of investigations into it and could not figure it out. Right now we are counting that we could integrate it with a Single Signon product that we have so ate least users wouldn't have type in the password at every logon

0 Kudos