VMware Horizon Community
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot get MS OneNote Settings to Retain in UEM 9.4

Hello we're using the built in UEM templates for MS Office 2016 within UEM and all apps appear to be working fine with the exception of OneNote. For some reason, the OneNote application will not retain its settings after a user logs out. We are NOT using O365, it is the full version of MS Office 2016 installed on the image.

I can create a notebook, save it to My Documents (redirected) and the file is created, but after logging out and back in, OneNote fails to list the file in recently opened documents.

I have added the following entries into the Import/Export settings, but they haven't seemed to help. Has anyone else run into this?

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OneNote\Place MRU

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OneNote\Place MRU\Change

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OneNote\Options\Paths

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OneNote\RecentNotebooks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michaellynchBSD
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to resolve this?

0 Kudos
filfu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I opened a premier support case on microsoft. after a short remote session they wrote me that roaming of OneNote 2016-settings is not supported on non-persistant Desktops. I have a couple of users with working roaming and many of non working. So trying to find out whats the difference. 

Anyone solved this?

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I've setup OneNote with UEM in the past and noticed that including the OneNote cache folder from the userprofile fixed a lot of issues. 

In "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0" you'll find a folder named "cache" and "serverlistings". Grab them both with DEM/UEM.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
filfu
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent, it work with that path. Thank you!

This is how I configured DEM for Onenote 2016.

[IncludeRegistryTrees]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OneNote
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\OneNote

[IncludeFolderTrees]
<AppData>\Microsoft\OneNote
<LocalAppData>\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0\cache
<LocalAppData>\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0\ServerListings

[IncludeFiles]
<LocalAppData>\Microsoft\Office\OneNote.officeUI