VMware Horizon Community
damonbreeden
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Backup installed printers only?

Hi all,

We want to use UEM as a DR tool to migrate user profiles to our DR environment. We don't want to use UEM to manage printers contextually; the users do that manually for themselves. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that UEM migrates installed printers. Is there anything I can do to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

UEM can very simply capture and restore the user mapped printers.

This works for network mapped printers only, since locally installed printers require drivers and other System changes. UEM is only there for User profile settings.

To capture the user mapped network printers, you only have to add the template for that

- Create a new Config File

- choose 'use a Windows Common Setting'

- select from the list the template 'Printers - mapped network printers only'

- give the template a name and click finish

let me know the results!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

UEM can very simply capture and restore the user mapped printers.

This works for network mapped printers only, since locally installed printers require drivers and other System changes. UEM is only there for User profile settings.

To capture the user mapped network printers, you only have to add the template for that

- Create a new Config File

- choose 'use a Windows Common Setting'

- select from the list the template 'Printers - mapped network printers only'

- give the template a name and click finish

let me know the results!

0 Kudos
damonbreeden
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That works, thank you.

I have not found a quick-start guide to UEM, and the admin guide is very long-winded and technical without offering readability or use cases. Can you point me to UEM resources?

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

Here are still some video's if you don't like reading the Admin Guides: Immidio B.V. - YouTube

0 Kudos