VMware Horizon Community
jlenag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ArcGIS Pro profile

So we are virtualizing ArcGIS Pro in our enviro.  So far the software runs great, but I can't seem to get it to honor the settings to how to login.  We need to use the Enterprise login with the url for our company.  I can add all that in manually and it works fine, but next login it will all have to be entered again.  I'm saving the settings below, and it looks like the licensing info and such is in the registry.  Anyone run into this and have a solution?

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software\ESRI

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<LocalAppData>\ESRI

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
6 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi jlenag,

I'm not at all familiar with ArcGIS Pro (the last time I used any ESRI software was in 1997 or 1998 :-), but on https://community.esri.com/ideas/15530-arcgis-pro-leverage-roaming-profile I just read the following statement:

Currently ArcGIS Pro uses the roaming profile for storing the favorites and this should be extended to the user.config file

No clue whether that is indeed the case, but "favorites" sounded somewhat relevant. If that is indeed stored in the "roaming profile", you might need to capture some settings from the <AppData> folder as well.

Did you use the Application Profiler to create your current Flex config file? If not, that might be something to try. Otherwise, checking which files (or, registry settings, just in case) are modified by ArcGIS using ProcMon would be the best approach.

0 Kudos
jlenag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah, I did the profiler.  It only came up with the registry entries.  I found the local app data folder myself.  I'll add in the Roaming folder, but as of now on my machine it's empty.  There is a user.config file in the Local AppData folder i'm saving, but maybe the other location gets triggered by doing something in the program.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi jlenag,

OK, in that case monitoring ArcGIS Pro's changes with ProcMon might be useful.

0 Kudos
jlenag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That was good idea.  I ran through that, but really didn't see anything that wasn't already being saved.  No idea why this isn't working.  I have a case in with their support.  Will post what they come back with.

jlenag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So it turns out there was nothing to fix on this.  The end user had incorrectly reported to me how it worked on their physical device, and having to do this login the first time every day was just how it always worked.  I declared the problem solved and moved on.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

UEM is quite powerful, but not that powerful 🙂

Thank you for letting us know.

0 Kudos