VMware Horizon Community
acruzb
Contributor
Contributor

Apply two default settings for the same app in two diferent enviroments.

Hello,

I have the following problematic situation:

A user has the same application in two different environments, on his local computer and on Horizon View. The two enviroments as VMWare UEM. Each environment needs a different configuration. I have organized it like this:

-I generated the correct configuration and upload to Personalization tab separately.

1.png

- I established that each configuration applies only if a security group + ip address condition is met.

Local configuration. (KSD_IBZ)

2.png

Horizon View configuration. (KSD_MAN)

3.png

-I set the "Profile Cleanup" to delete the entire "Import / Export" tab when the user logs off. With this step I try to load the correct "Predefined Settings" in the next login because I do not know if it will be local or in Horizon View. The Profile Cleanup is set in both configurations.

3.png 4.png

The problem: In the first environment it works well (local). But when the user logs in the Horizon View, no configuration is loaded. I see in the logs that UEM load the local configuration and discard the Horizon View configuration, and the user is in the ip range to load the Horizon configuration and not the local one! (The user as both app security groups)

Log trying to login in Horizon View:

2018-12-12 10:49:29.447 [INFO ] Config file '\\mydomain.com\DFSRoot$\UEMConfiguration\General\Applications\_KSD_IBZ.ini' added to DirectFlex cache. -> LOCAL CONFIGURATION

2018-12-12 10:49:29.603 [INFO ] Config file '\\mydomain.com\DFSRoot$\UEMConfiguration\General\Applications\_KSD_MAN.ini' not added to DirectFlex cache due to conditions. -> VIEW CONFIGURATION

Any ideas?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi acruzb,

I think there are a few different things going on here.

When you say "Each environment needs a different configuration", do you mean that you want capture different settings from each environment? I.e. do you have different registry and file system paths specified on the Import/Export tabs of these two Flex config files?

Or do you mean that you want to provide different predefined settings for each environment? In that case you'd use a single Flex config file, configure two predefined settings for it, and put your conditions on the predefined settings instead of on the Flex config file itself.

Something else you need to be aware of, is that default settings are only applied if the user has no profile archive for that particular Flex config file. You might need to pick one of the other types if that's not what you want.

Finally: If you bump up the log level to DEBUG, it's much easier to figure out what exactly is going on with the conditions.

0 Kudos