VMware Horizon Community
Maar10
Contributor
Contributor

Application migration XML Office 2010 to Office 2013

Hi,

Does anyone here on this forum by any chance have the Application Migration XML for Office 2010 to Office 2013 migration? For 2007 to 2010 is provided, but since it is rather general I thought to ask if someone already made them and is inclined to share.

Thanks,

Maarten

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis

Here you go.

And yes, they are general, just compare the content of this file with the 2007-2010 one and you will see the simple changes I've made.

0 Kudos
KaiKilka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i am testing migration from Office 2013 to 2016.

I think the Application XML will be straight forward. But how do you did the Outlook Profile migration? only renaming the Key in XML is not working..

Are there some insperations about this?

Regards,

Kai

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis

Most Office profile settings stay the same between versions, I think the same applies to the Outlook profile.

So what you need to do is the following:

If you create an Application Migration task in the UEM Management Console, you are asked for a source .INI file (office 2013.ini) and a target .INI file (office 2016.ini).

After this, during logon of a user, the complete content of the "office 2013.zip" file is copied to a new "office 2016.zip" file, and the content might be changed by the migration.xml file.

So if a locations stays the same (like the Outlook profile settings) you don't have to specify anything special in the Migration XML file.

Please test this and let me know the results.

0 Kudos