VMware Horizon Community
martycoopes
Contributor
Contributor

Application Profiler cannot start new session error

Curious before I hit up support if anyone can help me with this issue before I hit up support. I fear it's a common issue as I have run into a few times but the googles isn't helping me on this one. We are just getting into UEM and profiling applications and I am running into the following error when attempting to analyze applications. (see screen shot)

Windows OS: Windows 7 Ent 64-bit

UEM App Profiler: 9.3.0.706

Happens on both traditionally installed applications via .msi and appvols attached.

If this is an easy one I apologize and thank you in advanced for your time.

pastedImage_1.png

3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi martycoopes,

No, that's definitely not a common issue or an easy one, so thank you for posting this.

You state that this also happens for applications that are installed via MSI. In that scenario, is the App Volumes agent also installed? Is there any other "interesting" software installed, like security-related third-party products?

0 Kudos
martycoopes
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Yes the AppVols agent is installed as well but the application that is failing is not part of the AppStack. We do have Symantec SEP installed on the "profiling machine" as well.   As part of continuing my troubleshooting I am attempting to build a fresh virtual desktop to profile from as well.  Probably should of started there, but will keep you posted.

DrFox101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As no one has answered this.

I had a student on my course this week that experienced this issue.

If you simply install the application profiler again the issue is resolved.

Andy Fox
VCI VCP-DCV(3-6,2019,2021,2023) VCP-DTM(5,6) VCAP-DCA(4,5) VCP-NV(2019,2021)
AWS-ASA
0 Kudos