VMware Horizon Community
Gezmonder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Allow users to set default printer

What we have is a non-persistent VDI solution with Horizon View 6.2  Enterprise and UEM and printers mapped via group. There will be hundreds of printers mapped via group (1 to 1 mappings) and users could be members of several groups and receive maybe five or six printers. What we want is for the end users themselves to then decide which of these printers they would like as default, set it, and for this to be remembered on subsequent logins. This is a standard requirement in normal roaming or local profile scenarios but it is not working in our environment, yes I know we could set some as default within UEM but that's not very helpful as some users will want different printers set as default depending on where they sit so it would be an impractical administrative burden. If we just let them do it themselves it's easy for all concerned.

What's happening at the moment is that the printer that's higher up the list (I guess mapped first) is being mapped as default each time. I have tried various options, like removing undo at logoff (I really thought that would fix it) but it's made no difference.

Is there a workaround/fix for this please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gezmonder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I reached out to a VMware SE on this and they gave me a pretty simple resolution to this. In Personalization > Windows Settings > Create Config File > User a Windows Common Setting > Printers - Mapped network drivers only.

Next, next, give it a name, job done - It works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gezmonder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I reached out to a VMware SE on this and they gave me a pretty simple resolution to this. In Personalization > Windows Settings > Create Config File > User a Windows Common Setting > Printers - Mapped network drivers only.

Next, next, give it a name, job done - It works.

0 Kudos