VMware Horizon Community
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adobe Acrobat Pro with Named User Licensing SOLVED

So I had some problems with my Adobe Acrobat Pro licensing.  Every time the user rebooted, it made the user license the app again via his or her email address.   After doing some digging and testing, I narrowed the persistence down to 2 locations but they were very broad.  

I first created persistence via the UEM as follows as a test:

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<UserProfile>\appdata\roaming

It worked!   Licensing issue solved but I still had work to do since I did not want to persist all of this data.  I just used it as a place to start to see if I was on the right track.

After reading some Adobe articles and a little time, I narrowed my final config down much more and finally ended up with this:

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\software\Adobe

HKCU\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93}

HKCU\software\Internet Explorer\MenuExt SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\Extensions\efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj

HKCU\software\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.adobe.acrobat.chrome_webcapture

HKCU\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt

HKCU\software\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\Extensions\efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj

HKCU\software\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.adobe.acrobat.chrome_webcapture

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<UserProfile>\appdata\roaming\adobe

This worked wonders for the Adobe Name User Licensing for Acrobat Pro 2017 Continuous and thought someone else might be able to take advantage of it.   Remember....We're all in this together so please share as I just did.   It keeps us from beating our heads up against the wall!  

Regards,

Rob

5 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Wow.. just wow..

Thanks for the info, did you happen to test this with Adobe 2018/2019? And why the hell do you need Chrome and IE info for it to work??

Adobe never stops amazing me... We really should be looking for some other software vendor to be honest Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Chrome and IE lines are for plugins.           

0 Kudos
Gekken1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi and thanks for sharing

I've been playing around with Adobe Pro DC and trying to get it to roam logins and licenses. (named user License, NUL). I have tried a lot of settings, but gave it a last shot with yours.

Logging in after first session where Adobe Pro was activated does not prompt user to login, but I get the "Log On" in the right top corner. (sorry only had Norwegian picture as example) Is this an issue in your environment?

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Geir

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Gekken1.  

I am not experiencing this on my end after implementing the Config.  My users get logged on automatically and their name is being displayed.

There was one component I failed to share with my original post because I didn't think it mattered but you might try it.   It revolves around the procedure of installing Acrobat and the capture.  I used a specific cmd with parameters to install. I added below.   I would give this a shot.

Setup.exe  /sALL /msi ROAMIDENTITY=1 ROAMLICENSING=1

0 Kudos
Gekken1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Rob

thanks for the feedback. It all came down to wrong installer package. When I got hold of the "admin package" With the correct setup.exe everything worked like a charm.

For anyone else who's struggeling, start with this downlaod link Download Acrobat DC installer for Enterprise term or VIP License

/Geir

0 Kudos