VMware Horizon Community
johnmmalonecbt
Contributor
Contributor

9.6 Application Profiler crashing

We have an application that we are trying to profile to persist in an instant clone environment and every time we try to use the application profiler it crashes.

I have tried both LTSB (our environment currently) as well as 1803 as a profile machine.

I load up the UEM Profiler, point it at the correct start menu item (I have also pointed directly to the exe that runs) and after 1-2 seconds it comes back and the application we are attempting to profile never starts. 

Looking at windows application logs, the program in question when attempting to run under the profiler application is terminated due to System.OverflowException.

The application in question loads up fine on it's own without being profiled.

Any ideas or workarounds to finding where this program saves it's info?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
system32AUT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi John, I just can report this kind of failure too with SAP HANA Studio, everytime we give Application Profiler 9.6 the *.exe Information it crashes... We use Windows Ent in SAC with 1809 and UEM 9.7.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi johnmmalonecbt,

Just to make sure: it's not the Application Profiler that crashes, but the application that you're trying to profile, correct?

Is this a publicly available application, so we can try to reproduce and troubleshoot the problem? Similarly, system32AUT​, is SAP HANA Studio something we could try to profile ourselves?

As for alternative ways to find where applications save their settings: ProcMon and RegistryChangesView can provide a lot of insight.

0 Kudos
johnmmalonecbt
Contributor
Contributor

correct, it is the application crashing not the UEM Profiler application.

I wasn't sure if there were any switches that might make it more 'safe mode' like when it is loading in another application.  The application we are attempting to load in is inContact CXone softphone.  The previous version profiled just fine, but they have of course changed information where licensing is stored on us this version

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi johnmmalonecbt,

No, unfortunately, there is no way to influence how Application Profiler launches and monitors the application to be profiled.

A superficial Google search does not seem to indicate that a trial version of this application is easily available to have a go at profiling it, but I doubt whether that would make sense anyway, given that there's probably a backend involved as well, not to mention that you're talking about licensing...

I'm afraid you'll have to resort to ProcMon or a similar tool...

0 Kudos