VMware Digital Workspace Community
vignesh_condo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Workspace ONE Exchange Config

Hi All, we are looking for some data about Exchange Hybrid Config using Boxer. While the users are being migrated from Exchange on-prem to O365, the users to be seemlessy moved in Boxer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Imran309
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you have SEG integrated in your WS1 console which acts as a proxy for your on-premise exchange server, you can still keep it, else you can use a Direct Integration using Powershell to combat non-compliant/unmanaged devices accessing the email on 0365.

The best way to migrate is as below:

- SInce not all users will be migrated over night you would need to ask the list of users from the exchange admin

-Create another Assignment (O365 asisgnment) in for the same Boxer app - pointing it to Office365 (if Direct) else point is to the SEG URL if your still going to use SEG

-Create a smartGroup -O365-users. Add the users to this SG manually. As you keep getting the list of users from exhange team, you keep adding them to this group

- Make O365-Users SG, as assignment group for the new assignment

- Use O365-Users SG as a exclusion in the main (existing) Boxer assignment

-Make sure the O365 asisgnment is over(above) the old (exising) Boxer Assignment

As users migrate, you just add them to the SG. The old assignment is removed and  they are asigned with new Boxer configuration.

They will have to authenticate to get access to the migrated mailbox

View solution in original post

2 Replies
trobertson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, I tackled this same setup when I first deployed WS1.  I still use Boxer today for all iOS devices and now my users have all been migrated to O365.

I started by utilizing SEG (v2) to connect Boxer with on-prem Exchange.  I have now moved to Powershell for O365.  You can manage which configuration you utilize within the Boxer assignments.  Both can exist at the same time, just utilize assignment groups to control who is using which assignment.

Below I've added some helpful links.  Let me know if you have more specific questions.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2203/WS1-Secure-Email-Gateway/GUID-AWT-INTRO-SEG...

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/context?id=memOverview

0 Kudos
Imran309
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you have SEG integrated in your WS1 console which acts as a proxy for your on-premise exchange server, you can still keep it, else you can use a Direct Integration using Powershell to combat non-compliant/unmanaged devices accessing the email on 0365.

The best way to migrate is as below:

- SInce not all users will be migrated over night you would need to ask the list of users from the exchange admin

-Create another Assignment (O365 asisgnment) in for the same Boxer app - pointing it to Office365 (if Direct) else point is to the SEG URL if your still going to use SEG

-Create a smartGroup -O365-users. Add the users to this SG manually. As you keep getting the list of users from exhange team, you keep adding them to this group

- Make O365-Users SG, as assignment group for the new assignment

- Use O365-Users SG as a exclusion in the main (existing) Boxer assignment

-Make sure the O365 asisgnment is over(above) the old (exising) Boxer Assignment

As users migrate, you just add them to the SG. The old assignment is removed and  they are asigned with new Boxer configuration.

They will have to authenticate to get access to the migrated mailbox