VMware Digital Workspace Community
Christos_vv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This horizon server expects to get your logon credentails from another application or server

Getting attched error whie try to integrate horizon with workspace one access. "This horizon server expects to get your logon credentails from another application or server."

Configured:

workspace one access cloud

connector & synced virtual apps & AD

added virtual apps

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ggordon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is usually a symptom of SAML not working properly between the Connection Servers and Workspace ONE Access.

Here are a few things to try ( in order):

1. Check that time sync is ok between the WS1 Access connector and Connection Servers. If the time difference is too large then SAML will fail.
  2. Check the SAML Authenticatior from the Horizon Console. Edit one of the Connection Servers and then Edit the SAML 2.0 Authenticator. When you get a Failed when you click OK, then the Connection Server cannot communicate with the WS1 Access Connector.
  3. Check in the WS1 Access console to see the status of the virtual apps collection
0 Kudos
Christos_vv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks.

1. time is same on both server
  2. added the same meta data url from virtual app tenant. Try to edit ,no error , it showing enabled
  3. no issue observed .its syncing if i add new pools\entitlement

How to check the logs.

0 Kudos
ggordon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check the Connection Server logs in C:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs.

Look a the latest debug log and search for messages related to SAML.

On the WS1 Connector - C:\VMware\VMwareIdentityManager\Connector\opt\vmware\horizon\workspace\logs. Check connector.log

Has this ever worked or did this just stop working?

0 Kudos
Christos_vv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1)

please see the attched screen shot with saml error.

2)

no folder fiind.but see one in program files\workspace one access\virtual apps\logs -no error logs observed.

3)it is new implementation.

0 Kudos
ggordon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That would look like the SAML Authenticator is not defined properly on the Horizon Connection Server(s).

Looks like the error described in https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2053290 and this page https://vdr.one/vmware-identity-manager-and-horizon-7-saml-expects-credentials-from-another-server/

When entering the SAML 2.0 Authenticator the only fields that need to be filled in are the Label and the Metadata URL. The Metadata URL should follow the format https://my.domain.com/SAAS/API/1.0/GET/metadata/idp.xml

Replace my.domain.com with the FQDN you set for WS1 Access.

0 Kudos
CTRIM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same issue here with no idea what will resolve this.

So far we have Rebooted UAG, rebooted connection server, checked time sync between UAG and connection server without any difference in behavior. 

No changes in our environment to cause this.

0 Kudos
Christos_vv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Copied meta data url directly from saas workspace console only.  Its also matches syntax shared by you. Tested on-prem version in the same infrastructure works fine. Seems some saas  certificate missing.While i add saas meta data url to connection server console i need to manually trust the certifcate .Do we need to open any outbound port from connection server?

0 Kudos
NateNateNAte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That sounds like a certificate mis-match.  Specifically if in your on-prem version you might have installed an initial self-signed cert which is good enough for POC, but when you move to production, I'm guessing that original self-signed cert was not replaced with a proper cert - that's why you have to manually accept that cert - but it won't work on the SaaS side since services are looking for a valid cert from a CA.  It's a more common problem when migrating a POC into a prod environment because 'it works' so we often forget to make that compliance check. 

0 Kudos
smut5203
Contributor
Contributor

We had same issues in our environment, the steps you mentioned fixed the issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos