VMware Digital Workspace Community
mathewdsa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stuck customizing

I have a desktop pool using automatic provisioning for dedicated assignment. The base image is saved as a template. 

The VM gets spun up in horizon and I can see it in the vcenter and in the pool. When I look, it has domain membership, if I log into if from the vSphere side using the web console, it shows it has a windows activation and it has IP working via DHCP. 

I first thought it might be the sysprep limit so I followed the guidance for that too on the image by first converting the template back to a VM and booting it to edit the registry. Still just sits there customizing.

The connection server is 7.13 and agent is 7.6 but I also tried with upgrading to 7.13 agent. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EmilianW1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@mathewdsa ,

1. Can you see VDI AD computer account created in your Domain?

2. Check if Horizon Agent service is running on VDI

3. Check if firewall or AntiVirus software is not blocking Horizon Agent communication with Connection Server

https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/network-ports-vmware-horizon

0 Kudos
pbuckles1
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had an issue that sounds exactly like what you are describing. I had to go into the base image VM and uninstall Horizon Agent. After the reboot I had to go to the directory and make sure that all the files from the agent had been removed (in my case some hadn't). When the directory was cleaned out a fresh Agent install solved the problem.

anilspp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for giving solution.

0 Kudos