VMware Cloud Community
franco2020
Contributor
Contributor

vmconverter stuck at 1 %

Its been over a day and vmconvertor is stuck at 1%

I am trying to convert from xen VM Linux(freepbx) to ESXi  6.7 I have done this prior and it has worked but now it is stuck at 1% for over a day and no errors have occurred\

I using the vmconvertor on the same subnet as the Linux VM but it has worked when it not on subnetwork. also, I generally just enter next no configuration needed

'

It's on a windows 10 box(no firewall)  no firewall on Linux or ESXi sides

Please can someone example what steps are needed to fix this issue

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
9 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

did you already check the Converter log files (e.g. the worker log file)?

The 1% "issue" may be caused by a DNS resolution issue.

André

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Discussion moved from Virtual Lounge to Converter Standalone

0 Kudos
franco2020
Contributor
Contributor

1, where is the worker log file located

2. if dns issue how do I fix that

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The log should be located in  C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\logs

André

0 Kudos
franco2020
Contributor
Contributor

error vmware-converter-worker[01752] [Originator@6876 sub=HttpConnectionPool-000060] [ConnectComplete] Connect failed to <cs p:02434808, TCP:[fe40::20f:28ff:fe42:c872]:443>; cnx: (null), error: class Vmacore::SystemException(A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond)

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please take a look at https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/56473​ which may be related to your case.

André

0 Kudos
franco2020
Contributor
Contributor

error  after disabling ipv6 and statically assigning ipv4

warning vmware-converter-worker[05836] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] Failed to connect socket; <io_obj p:0x05fa1190, h:1912, <TCP '0.0.0.0:0'>, <TCP '10.x.1.x.:443'>>, e: system:10060(A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond)

0 Kudos
franco2020
Contributor
Contributor

I change the the ip to match the vmhost sub  net and this is there error I get

error vmware-converter-worker[04104] [Originator@6876 sub=vmomi.soapStub[133]] Resetting stub adapter for server <cs p:02434a88, TCP:10.x.x.199:443> : service state request failed: class Vmacore::SystemException(A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond)

Please assist

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please do not start duplicate threads on the same issue, particularly when you have active replies and are posting the same information and errors.

The second thread you created today has been archived - even if it was valid you should have posted it to this area on Converter Standalone (I see another moderator already had to move this thread for you)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos