VMware Cloud Community
johnsmith1
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter - server problem - Error 2245

Hi,

I installed the newest one version of the VMware Workstation 10.0.1 and I downloaded and installed VMware vcenter converter in client/server mode (version 5.5.0). When I try to start Vcenter I got error message that Vcenter Server is not running and suggestion to start it from windows services.  I tried and I got error message attached, plus I attached error log from vcenter.

The log file contains record: mem> 2013-12-02T21:39:40.080+01:00 [02484 error 'Default'] [userUtilsWin32,236] Failed to set User Information with error: 2245 I cant find any information related to that error.

I have windows 7 unlimited eng.

Thanks for any advice!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
johnsmith1
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my god, I created new user... group of users, all boxes unchecked... and same thing... same error....

0 Kudos
johnsmith1
Contributor
Contributor

I dont think its issue related to users in the windows system.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you have antivirus program? If you, could you turn it off?

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's related to disability to set the user's password... there must be explanation for example something different in your OS...

0 Kudos
johnsmith1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have default win7 ultimate installation + nod32 which i completely disabled. I can add another user account with for example 1 word password. This implies there is no pass restriction in my system and it must be vmware bug.

Screens attached.

Thanks

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is a simple way to create and delete this user from the Converter Server: copy the execution line from Converter Server service, then run into ("Run As Administrator") Command Prompt: change the parameter -s with -z to delete the user and with -c to create the user. IMO the operation(s) will fails too. By the way, what's the "HP Protection Tool' is?

0 Kudos
johnsmith1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

what do you mean by: copy the execution line from Converter Server service, where i can find that execution line? HP protection tool is for application password management, fingerprint stuff and so on.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you look at your 02.png in the property of the service there is "Path to executable" which contains what I mention.

I'm asking about 'HP Protection tool' because there is some program and/or service that prevents access to the user's creation or enforce some authorization policy...

0 Kudos
johnsmith1
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks to you  POCEH!, who found out the solution described bellow:

The whole problem was with application HP ProtectTools Security Manager - which added additional option into password filters in registry "DPPassfilter"

There is more info Installing and Registering a Password Filter DLL (Windows), so in the registry  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages" should be only 'scecli'.

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks! Good to know this.

0 Kudos