VMware Cloud Community
iki974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vConverter : "unknown exception"

Hi,
  I have problems with vConverter VMware.
  When I want to virtualize a physical machine in VMware Infrastructure, the task failed at 1%.
  And the error message is: "An unknown exception"
  And attached is the log of the task of virtualization.

For information,  vConverter running win2008 R2 with the firewall deactivated

I hope to have an  answer.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello

Tjhe agent logs contains:

2012-01-17T14:23:26.648+04:00 [04544 warning 'Default'] [,0] [NFC ERROR] NfcNewAuthdConnectionEx: Failed to connect to peer. Error: Failed to connect to server 192.168.10.1:902

The agent at source machine must be able to connect to the destination ESX at port 902. You may check your firewall(s).

Also check whether the source machine can resolve correctly this internal IP address.  If not and the ESX has another IP, you may try conversiom to ESX directly ny entering the 'external' IP. Be aware though, that if it is ESX 5.0 you should detach it from the VC, otherwise converter will give an error.

HTH

Plamen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please upload the agent logs. They are missing from the zip. You can find them at the source machine in

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Agent\logs.

Regards,

Plamen

P.S. BTW the log reports the source as W2003 R2, I suppose 2008 is a typo?

iki974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

here is a zip-log.

2008 R2 is vcenter OS.

Regards

0 Kudos
iki974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the error in the log (file : vmware-conveter-worker-3_Error.log).
But I  do not see the solution  to correct

Can you help me?

Regards

0 Kudos
peetz
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You chose to resize two of the four hard disks, and it looks like cloning fails with exactly these disks.

Try to NOT resize all the disks and see if it works then.

If you do not resize a disk Converter will use volume based cloning, and if you resize a disk Converter is forced to use file based cloning which does not work in some cases (e.g. when using dynamic disks).

- Andreas

Twitter: @VFrontDe, @ESXiPatches | https://esxi-patches.v-front.de | https://vibsdepot.v-front.de
0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I see "non ASCII symbols in GetUserName", sometimes this makes a problems, Try with other, ascii only, user name.

The same issue could be with non ASCII paths. Smiley Sad

Also check that ESX 192.168.10.1 is visible from the Converter Server side.

HTH

0 Kudos
iki974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I try with not resize disk  and with "non ASCII symbols in GetUserName" but I have the same error.

In the log file, i see this message:

[2012-01-18 15:51:26.275 01508 warning 'Libs'] SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:
          * The host certificate chain is not complete.

I've regenerate the SSL certificate but I have always the problème.

Help

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello

Tjhe agent logs contains:

2012-01-17T14:23:26.648+04:00 [04544 warning 'Default'] [,0] [NFC ERROR] NfcNewAuthdConnectionEx: Failed to connect to peer. Error: Failed to connect to server 192.168.10.1:902

The agent at source machine must be able to connect to the destination ESX at port 902. You may check your firewall(s).

Also check whether the source machine can resolve correctly this internal IP address.  If not and the ESX has another IP, you may try conversiom to ESX directly ny entering the 'external' IP. Be aware though, that if it is ESX 5.0 you should detach it from the VC, otherwise converter will give an error.

HTH

Plamen

0 Kudos
iki974
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

It's all right now ( the agent could not see the ESXI).

thank you for your attention

0 Kudos
Mikky83
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Set DNS on source

0 Kudos